Monday, August 29, 2016

NBUS Challenge #7

Time for the NBUS (never before used stuff) Challenge #7.  Darnell is right, we all have things we have bought, had to have, but never used.

This card has two of those such items.  I bought a package of cork paper.  It came in several colors.  I thought it would be a great texture to add to a card.  Never used it for 2 years.  When making this card, I cut a wine bottle cork shape from the cork.  I used two layers to give it some height.  Now most corks have some writing or logos on them, so I did stamp some text on it.  It stamped beautifully!

The second first time object was the brads, acting as a wine stopper.  I collect frogs and when I saw them, I had to have them.  If I saw a frog wine stopper, I would buy it!

The sentiment I found online and printed it from my computer.  I have a friend who owns a wine tasting bar so I thought this would be a perfect card for her.

Thanks for visiting.

4 comments:

  1. FUN card, Susan! I don't get wine stoppers either ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, me neither!! I'm so proud of you for using these items and using them so fabulously with this design! Your friend will be mega-delighted to receive it, Susan!! (And I'm tucking the idea of stamping on my cork away, so thank you for that! I've got a few (cough) sheets of it, too. It just hibernates away in the drawer with my fun foam!) Thank you so much for the kind shoutout and for playing in my NBUS Challenge #7! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card! I didn't know you had a blog - I should have stopped by sooner!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment.